The Cepia Club Blog

The Cepia Club Blog: The Cepia Club believes individual awareness and activism can lead to a peaceful and prosperous world. This blog contains the pertinent literature, both creative and non-fiction, produced by the Cepiaclub Director and its associates.

Friday, October 17, 2008

A Song and Sight for Optimism

We live some hard times in this thing called “living.”  I have found in family, friends, my work, and in my own “America” things for which to be grateful to the first cause in which I believe.  I half-jest that I possess in the best and worst occasions a “Candide”-like frequent naive optimism. Nature deprives us.  We know it hurts to be human. Does humanity need to hurt each other so much?
    We do have choices to make things better, if not for ourselves, then for those around us. Together, in darker times (personal or otherwise), can we not believe in us at this moment and forget the irrelevant crap that divides too many people from one another?  As a favor, please watch the music video at the link below. Let’s find the optimism where we can.

High Resolution (DSL/Cable):  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gT1DNZx0Dk&fmt=6 

Normal Resolution (dial up or slow computer) : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gT1DNZx0Dk 
   
From the words of the Song writer, an indirect friend of mine.

    “. . .I've always found lots of things in America I would like to change.  People I'd like t see advocated for more strongly.  Ideals I wanted voters to think on, instead of being swayed by rhetoric and sound bites.  How we treat people everyday makes a difference.  How can we create or re-create a country we've loved our whole lives into something we are proud of.  A country that we can, with pride state we are part of when we travel the world and receives smiles instead of jeers. . . .
    “ . . . I was shocked by how many people were so passionate about being part of the video.  Well over 2/3rds of the people I asked, immediately grabbed the pen and paper, furrowed their brows, thought about it (most very briefly) and than began furiously scribbling down their feelings.  Some people were so excited to write down their ideas, I had to make them write it twice, because the first was illegible.
    “This was a very profoundly inspiring process for me to go through.  Feeling the sense of community and love for a country we are all part of.  We may not all have much in common, but a love of country (a perfect country or busted one) was something we could indentify with.  Our common-denominator.”

“word
“Mischa”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home